Data-driven policy making
We can help by replacing Policy planning by real time policy adaptation with innovative solution that helps with putting in place new policies and initiatives that are purpose related and with measurable effect.
There are a range of examples of where artificial intelligence can contribute to public policy objectives.
- Building an AI solution in a judicial department that assists the judges in recommending the right judgments for crimes. The AI solution developed, leverages multiple inputs related to historical crime, investigation report and many similar information and provides the probability of criminal repeating similar crime in future. This is provided on a real time basis with additional information to assist the judges in pronouncing their judgment.
- Creating a segmentation and deep profiling model of drivers to reduce the severity and frequency of traffic accidents for a traffic department entity in GCC region. That has helped in identifying high risk patterns on Geo spatial maps, high risk seasonality profile and identification of high-risk driver profile. New initiatives were consecutively put in place with personalized SMS sent out to risky drivers and new policies put in place while granting the driving license.
With the right solution in place and data analysis, it is possible to ensure that smart city infrastructure and assets are optimized for efficiency, sustainability and safety.
Some of our smart city infrastructure offerings example are:
- Deployment of demand forecasting in an electricity department in GCC that helps with the demand forecasting based on various weather, economic and demographics factors. An automation of a dashboard for load balancing at grid/sector/ transformer level for better demand management
- With hundreds of sensors set in place, and IOT solution was put in place that helped save 10% to 20% of electricity consumption due to inefficient street lighting.
Serving the community
Future thinking government are adopting innovation to accomplish tomorrow’s needs of its resident. The application on serving the community examples are limitless, some of the case studies we have worked on:
- Community interaction - know what’s being said about your government entity on social media, blogs, … Respond to what’s being said; encourage interaction and increase happiness index and trust among the public
- Human resources analysis on the market to benchmark regulations, industry practices, compensation etc. for the country vis-à-vis target countries. Identified gaps between the retirement, graduates and job offerings available.
Security and Law enforcement
Law enforcement entities are digitally transforming to provide security for it residents. The public is expecting agility and efficiency when it comes to the community security.
- Crime profiling solution for a police department to forecast the crime, deep profile the crimes to enable smooth investigations and develop staffing models that can optimize the resources. Matching potential suspects from police database with the crime based on patterns through deep learning neural network algorithm
- Transaction monitoring solution for a financial regulator with structured and unstructured text on a real time basis and identify watch-list, blacklist individuals with any interest. It also monitors countries and patterns of texts (lexicon-based monitoring) that can be potentially dangerous